The word gas (or as we say gaz), was introduced from French (gaz) to Turkish. We have some sayings using the word gas.
- Gaza getirmek (Bring someone to gas): To motivate, to encourage. But in a phony way for a non-achievable or larger than life aim
- Gaz vermek (Give someone some gas): Same as above
- Gaza gelmek (Coming into the gas): Being pumped up. Being highly motivated
- Gazlamak (To produce gas): Stepping on it. Going full throttle. It also means to flee
- Gaz kesmek (Cut down the gas): Slowing down, cutting to the chase
- Gaz çıkartmak (Release gas): A very formal way of saying to fart (or burp if it is a baby). You would use in a doctor consultation for example.